Ten O'Clock News; Palladino reacts to Supreme Court
Judy Stoia interviews Elvira "Pixie" Palladino about her reaction to the Supreme Court's refusal to hear arguments against court-ordered busing in Boston. She is angry about the decision and calls the members of the court a "pack of flaming liberals." Palladino urges the anti-busing movement to continue their protest through legitimate means, like demonstrations and picketing, without resorting to violence. Palladino says that the anti-busing movement will pressure elected officials to redress the grievances of the anti-busing movement. Palladino notes that she is more concerned with a politician's stance on busing than with his or her political party; that she would switch to the Republican Party if the party came out against busing. Palladino says that she is opposed to all forms of busing, including a metropolitian busing plan. Palladino accuses the courts of dictating to parents how they should raise their children; she says that forced busing in Boston represents "reverse discrimination."
- Ten O'Clock News
Palladino reacts to Supreme Court
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Discrimination in education
- United States. Supreme Court
- Busing for school integration
- News Report
- Stoia, Judy (Reporter)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Palladino reacts to Supreme Court,” 06/14/1976, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed June 19, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B04DF7F55431452CBC5CE31268BC8ACC.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Palladino reacts to Supreme Court.” 06/14/1976. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. June 19, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B04DF7F55431452CBC5CE31268BC8ACC>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Palladino reacts to Supreme Court. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B04DF7F55431452CBC5CE31268BC8ACC