Arthur; Butler Did What, The; Trouble with Trophies, The
WGBH Master The Butler Did…What, 175B The Trouble with Trophies, 175A
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Butler Did What, The; Trouble with Trophies, The
- Program Number
1510; 175B; 175A
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
See individual titles for additional assets.
The Butler Did…What, 175B Bailey is missing! He just left, leaving no note. With the help of the Baxter Detective Agency, Muffy discovers a series of clues…an old class picture, a receipt for a trumpet and old jazz albums. And Muffy is left wondering, who exactly IS Bailey? And—will he ever come back!?
Educational objective: Muffy learns that a real friendship isn’t one-sided and requires both people learning about each other.
The Trouble with Trophies, 175A Everyone loves getting trophies, right? It turns out that Fern could not care less about them. Yet Muffy is convinced that Fern must be despairing about never having won anything, and she sets out to give Fern a prize no matter what….whether Fern wants it or not.
Educational objective: Fern and Muffy learn that they can maintain a friendship although they have different interests; and that it’s not necessary to “win” or to be widely recognized to be valuable.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Butler Did What, The; Trouble with Trophies, The,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 11, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_AFF046EC5E7C4493BFD67491E00C4E3B.
- MLA: “Arthur; Butler Did What, The; Trouble with Trophies, The.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 11, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_AFF046EC5E7C4493BFD67491E00C4E3B>.
- APA: Arthur; Butler Did What, The; Trouble with Trophies, The. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_AFF046EC5E7C4493BFD67491E00C4E3B