Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Science of Deliciousness
Science of Deliciousness
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie
- Science of Deliciousness
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiere October 8, 2006
The edgy and provocative Gourmet’s Diary of a Foodie provides exclusive entrée into the passionate inner circle of the food world to uncover the latest cutting-edge food trends, must-use ingredients, kitchen gadgets and food destinations. The 20-part series affords viewers privileged access to an arsenal of trusted industry journalists and epicurean experts who deliver compelling food stories from all around the globe. From street food in Shanghai to a "flameless" restaurant in Spain, Gourmet’s Diary of a Foodie mixes travel with food to explore, inform and entertain.
Looking at the world food-first, Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie is a sophisticated, high-end series that introduces viewers to a feast of cutting-edge food trends, exotic ingredients, and in-the-know food players on an international level. Expanding on the lessons learned during the show's travels, Gourmet Editor-in-Chief Ruth Reichl, along with a supporting staff of Gourmet's renowned food editors, go inside the magazine's test kitchens to show viewers how they can bring this diverse culinary landscape into their own homes.
Produced by WGBH and Zero Point Zero Productions in association with Gourmet magazine and Discovery Networks International, and exclusively sponsored by TIAA-CREF. Series release date: 10/8/2006
- Program Description
Did your mother ever say don't play with your food? Well, meet some innovative chefs who didn't listen... In this episode, we look at how some of the world's top culinary experts are using molecular gastronomy—the application of scientific principles to food preparation-to push the bound0aries of what can be achieved in the kitchen. We'll meet a London-based chef whose approach to cooking borders on alchemy and a New York chemist-turned-bar man who shakes and stirs us with his gift for mixing chemistry and cocktails. From Peruvian scientists researching a drought-resistant potato, to making bacon and egg ice cream in your own kitchen, join us as we see how the combination of science and food is revolutionizing the culinary world
RECIPES Bacon-and-Egg Ice Cream Brown-Rice Flour Mix Chocolate Chip Cookies Crema Catalana Foam Five-Herb Ice Milk Lemon Layer Cake Pizza Crust Purple Potato Chips
Exclusive Room 4 "Ghostface Keller" Will Goldfarb, chef and owner of New York's Room 4 Dessert, spoke with Gourmet about desserts-only dining, the popularity of products like sodium alginate, and the thinking that goes into dessert names like Ghostface Keller.
From the Pages of Gourmet Magazine Beyond Shaken or Stirred by Gary Regan Can You Dig It? by William Woys Weaver Cooks Like Us by Robert Sietsema
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Collins, Christopher (Series Producer)
- Zero Point Zero Productions (Series Producer)
- Tenaglia, Lydia (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Science of Deliciousness,” 04/22/2008, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 21, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_AF55A2A05DCD4812A45A1A69E3732C8C.
- MLA: “Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Science of Deliciousness.” 04/22/2008. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 21, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_AF55A2A05DCD4812A45A1A69E3732C8C>.
- APA: Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Science of Deliciousness. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_AF55A2A05DCD4812A45A1A69E3732C8C