Arthur; Prunella Sees the Light; Return of the Snowball
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Prunella Sees the Light; Return of the Snowball
- Program Number
709; 103B; 104B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
"Prunella Sees the Light" To make everything perfect for her sleepover with Marina, Prunella happily styles her room to resemble a "Henry Skreever" book. But then she panics -- since Marina is blind, will decorations she can't even see offend her ... or worse, make her trip? Or will Prunella discover that her worries about protecting Marina -- and their friendship -- are more about Prunella's own perceptions rather than Marina's actual capabilities?
"Return of the Snowball" For six months, two weeks and four days, D.W. has been trying to solve the mystery of her snowball's disappearance. So when it re-appears in the freezer, she's ecstatic!! But wait -- if it was taken once, how can she stop it from being stolen again? Can D.W. keep the snowball safe from plotting thieves ... or even from melting?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Prunella Sees the Light; Return of the Snowball,” 10/16/2002, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 17, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_AF2EB55F33B64ECB93E025C00641134D.
- MLA: “Arthur; Prunella Sees the Light; Return of the Snowball.” 10/16/2002. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 17, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_AF2EB55F33B64ECB93E025C00641134D>.
- APA: Arthur; Prunella Sees the Light; Return of the Snowball. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_AF2EB55F33B64ECB93E025C00641134D