Martha Speaks; Alice Covers Up; Carolina Picks a Lily
MSPE 305 PBS
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Martha Speaks
- Alice Covers Up; Carolina Picks a Lily
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered September 1, 2008
"Martha Speaks" is an animated series that is designed to enrich the vocabulary of 4- to 7-year-olds. The series is based on the classic books by Susan Meddaugh that have charmed and captivated millions of children. Each episode uses Martha's unique linguistic abilities and the hilarious consequences to engage kids and help build their vocabulary skills.
In each Martha Speaks episode, the characters use special words throughout the show. Explicit words, marked with (E), are defined by one of the characters on the show. Implicit words, marked with (I), are used on the show but not defined.
Produced with Studio B Productions, Inc. Series release date: 9/1/2008
- Program Description
Alice Covers Up Raye Lankford It’s a pool party! Everyone is going, including Alice… until she becomes involved in a strange cover-up. Vocabulary (E) (self)confiden(t)(ce), complexion, timid, outgoing, bashful (I) color, sort, brand, fair/fair-skinned, dye
Carolina Picks a Lily Raye Lankford Carolina adopts a new puppy, and she’s so excited. It matches her purse! But when the gang points out the pup won’t stay pocketbook-sized for long (check out those paws!), she regrets her impulsive adoption. Will they be able to find a home for Lily? Vocabulary (E) shallow, temperament, vicious, impulsive, foster, hypoallergenic (I) sweet, type, breed, kind, nasty
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Sullivan, Brigid (Series Producer)
- Barss, Karen (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Martha Speaks; Alice Covers Up; Carolina Picks a Lily,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 3, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_AF0F802F42824EBC808DF081A05DAC90.
- MLA: “Martha Speaks; Alice Covers Up; Carolina Picks a Lily.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 3, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_AF0F802F42824EBC808DF081A05DAC90>.
- APA: Martha Speaks; Alice Covers Up; Carolina Picks a Lily. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_AF0F802F42824EBC808DF081A05DAC90