Arthur; Last of Mary Moo Cow, The; Francine Goes to War
Tr. 1-2 Stereo English Mix ,Tr. 3-4 Stereo M & E, TC Drop Frame
More material may be available from this program at the WGBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Last of Mary Moo Cow, The; Francine Goes to War
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
508: The Last of Mary Moo Cow: D.W. is Mary Moo Cow's greatest fan. She watches the show every day and collects countless videos, toys, and clothes. When Mary Moo Cow is cancelled, D.W. is devastated. How can television -- or life as she knows it -- ever be the same?
506: Francine Goes to War: Francine can't believe it. She gets in trouble no matter what she does -- thanks to the new nosy next-door neighbor! Will Francine get to play her drums... or fight with her sister... ever again??
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Last of Mary Moo Cow, The; Francine Goes to War,” 09/01/2000, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 17, 2019, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_AEA0CBDE6C914388A13A6C193DF6179A.
- MLA: “Arthur; Last of Mary Moo Cow, The; Francine Goes to War.” 09/01/2000. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 17, 2019. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_AEA0CBDE6C914388A13A6C193DF6179A>.
- APA: Arthur; Last of Mary Moo Cow, The; Francine Goes to War. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_AEA0CBDE6C914388A13A6C193DF6179A