Simply Ming; On the Road in the Azores: Alcatra with Eduardo Reis
Simply Ming Ep 1017 Azores: Alcatra SD Upconvert
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- On the Road in the Azores: Alcatra with Eduardo Reis
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
Ming heads for the islands on this very special episode of Simply Ming. Traveling to the Azorean island of Terceira, Ming cooks with a celebrated local chef and learns the history of the very popular dish called Alcatra which is baked in a traditional Azorean wood oven. Influenced by the Portuguese discoverers in the 15th century, this dish is made with fish or beef cooked slowly in a clay pot with bacon, onion, and local spices.
Recipes Alcatra by Eduardo Reis Alcatra by Ming Tsai
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; On the Road in the Azores: Alcatra with Eduardo Reis,” 11/26/2012, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 22, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_AE769DD680004B2BA3A6B8C9C0EC1A44.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; On the Road in the Azores: Alcatra with Eduardo Reis.” 11/26/2012. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 22, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_AE769DD680004B2BA3A6B8C9C0EC1A44>.
- APA: Simply Ming; On the Road in the Azores: Alcatra with Eduardo Reis. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_AE769DD680004B2BA3A6B8C9C0EC1A44