Ten O'Clock News; Massport maritime terminal
Charles Bennet interviews Massport executive director David Davis about the Massport board of directors and the enormous success of one-way tolls experiment on Tobin Bridge and harbor tunnels. They shoot cutaways. Shots of the Commonwealth Pier. Tanker passes by. Smaller boats tied up along waterfront. Traffic on fish pier. Massport Maritime Terminal. Dump trucks clearing ground for construction. Cranes hanging over pier.
- Ten O'Clock News
Massport maritime terminal
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Mystic River Bridge (Boston, Mass.)
- Massachusetts Port Authority
- Boston Harbor (Mass.)
- News Report
- Bennett, Charles (Reporter)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Massport maritime terminal,” 06/23/1983, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 26, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_AE20DF1B695F42148BCF73108EDFF44C.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Massport maritime terminal.” 06/23/1983. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 26, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_AE20DF1B695F42148BCF73108EDFF44C>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Massport maritime terminal. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_AE20DF1B695F42148BCF73108EDFF44C