Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; H.M. Queen Noor of Jordan
Caption Master 1/10/11 Company: WGBH Boston Media Title: Maria Hinojosa: One on One Episode: Queen Noor of Jordan 175 / MHOO501 TRT: 26:46 Op: TC: HD 59.94/1080I VTR: Closed Captioned
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One
- H.M. Queen Noor of Jordan
- Program Number
- Series Description
Series Premiere May 1, 2007 The series ran for 5 seasons and ended in 2012.
La Plaza, the Latino Production Unit of WGBH Boston, presents the new series Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One, a provocative in-depth talk show featuring America's foremost Latino thinkers, artists, writers, and opinion leaders. Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One will premiere on WGBH and air on public television stations across the United States. A separate version of the episodes, in which the interview is conducted in Spanish, will run on V-me, a Spanish language digital public television service.
Hinojosa is an award-winning journalist and author, and the managing editor and host of public radio's Latino USA. A seasoned journalist with more than 25 years of experience, Hinojosa is also the senior correspondent for the Emmy Award-winning PBS newsmagazine NOW with David Brancaccio.
The executive producer of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One is Joseph Tovares. Patricia Alvarado Núñez is the producer.
Conversaciones con Maria Hinojosa is the Spanish-language version of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One. It features interviews with prominent Latino artists, writers, activists and civic leaders. The first season aired on V-me, the Spanish-language digital PBS channel. Series release date: 5/1/2007
- Program Description
In 1978 she became the first American-born queen of an Arab country when she married His Majesty King Hussein of Jordan. For the last three decades, she has been a world-famous advocate of cross-cultural dialogue and global peace. In this interview with María Hinojosa, Her Majesty Queen Noor talks about her late husband’s efforts to maintain peace in the Middle East, how she balanced tradition with her role as a contemporary queen, and her initiative Global Zero, launched in 2008 to eliminate nuclear weapons worldwide.
NOTE: The 5XX program number refers to the APT number for Maria Hinojosa series. The 33XX program number refers to the WGBH number for the Maria Hinojosa series as a continuation of La Plaza.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Talk Show
- Tovares, Joseph (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; H.M. Queen Noor of Jordan,” 01/10/2011, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 19, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_AE101B243CFC43389272808CA6F2A800.
- MLA: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; H.M. Queen Noor of Jordan.” 01/10/2011. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 19, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_AE101B243CFC43389272808CA6F2A800>.
- APA: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; H.M. Queen Noor of Jordan. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_AE101B243CFC43389272808CA6F2A800