Martha Speaks; Martha to the Rescue; Martha Camps Out
MSPE 104 (HD) Media Operations Center PBS 3370
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Martha Speaks
- Martha to the Rescue; Martha Camps Out
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered September 1, 2008
"Martha Speaks" is an animated series that is designed to enrich the vocabulary of 4- to 7-year-olds. The series is based on the classic books by Susan Meddaugh that have charmed and captivated millions of children. Each episode uses Martha's unique linguistic abilities and the hilarious consequences to engage kids and help build their vocabulary skills.
In each Martha Speaks episode, the characters use special words throughout the show. Explicit words, marked with (E), are defined by one of the characters on the show. Implicit words, marked with (I), are used on the show but not defined.
Produced with Studio B Productions, Inc. Series release date: 9/1/2008
- Program Description
Martha to the Rescue Martha is inspired by her favorite show, "Courageous Collie Carlo." Unfortunately, her attempts to become a doggie hero don't quite work out the way she plans. In the end, both Martha and Helen discover they can be courageous when it really matters.
Vocabulary: (E) rescue, courageous, danger, protect, hero
(I) save, strong, harm, escape, trouble
Martha Camps Out Martha Camps Out Ronald finds out that Helen and Alice plan to go camping and warns them about Big Minnie, a mythical monster who lives in the woods. Undeterred, the campers set off. After all, everybody knows Big Minnie's imaginary. Or is she?
Vocabulary: (E) honorary, brave, earn, merit badge, frightened, helpful
(I) guard, scared, afraid
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Sullivan, Brigid (Series Producer)
- Barss, Karen (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Martha Speaks; Martha to the Rescue; Martha Camps Out,” 09/06/2008, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 25, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_AD848D9C1ED142339D2B808B24A3B242.
- MLA: “Martha Speaks; Martha to the Rescue; Martha Camps Out.” 09/06/2008. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 25, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_AD848D9C1ED142339D2B808B24A3B242>.
- APA: Martha Speaks; Martha to the Rescue; Martha Camps Out. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_AD848D9C1ED142339D2B808B24A3B242