Teaching Reading K-2: A Library of Classroom Practices; Promoting Readers As Leaders
Promoting Readers and Writers: Valerie Kostandos, First Grade Closed Captioned Master Ch.1 Full Mono Mix Ch.2 Full Mono Mix Ch.3 Sync & Music Ch.4 Sync
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Teaching Reading K-2: A Library of Classroom Practices
- Promoting Readers As Leaders
- Program Number
- Series Description
Educational productions. Series release date: 2002
- Program Description
Valerie Kostandos believes all her first-grade students in Melrose, Massachusetts should take on the role of leader. This contributes to a learning climate where students see themselves as readers, writers, and leaders who manage their classroom routines. They take attendance, help each other discover the motivation of a character in a text, and make decisions about when they need support in reading. Ms. Kostandos makes sure students understand the purpose behind each lesson.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Chicago: “Teaching Reading K-2: A Library of Classroom Practices; Promoting Readers As Leaders,” 05/10/2002, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 18, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_AD7E48BA34E34E829F0AAC97AE874261.
- MLA: “Teaching Reading K-2: A Library of Classroom Practices; Promoting Readers As Leaders.” 05/10/2002. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 18, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_AD7E48BA34E34E829F0AAC97AE874261>.
- APA: Teaching Reading K-2: A Library of Classroom Practices; Promoting Readers As Leaders. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_AD7E48BA34E34E829F0AAC97AE874261