Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Wok-Stirring
Simply Ming Charles Phan & Wok-Stirring
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- Cooking on the Fly: Wok-Stirring
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
NOTE: Broadcast in Boston one week later than system airdate.
922: CHARLES PHAN & WOK-STIRRING The wok— there’s a reason why everyone from college students to Italian chefs have one of these in their kitchen. Stir-frying is a technique that can be your best friend when you need to cook on the fly, which is exactly what Ming is doing on this episode of SIMPLY MING. He’ll enlist the help of Charles Phan, the chef who put great Vietnamese food on the map in San Francisco. Together they'll create two new wok-stirred dishes on the spot, Sweet and Sour Clams with Plums and Cucumbers and a Classic Lemongrass Chicken.
Recipes: Wok Stirred Pork and Vegetables Sweet and Sour Clams Charles Phan's Lemongrass Chicken
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Wok-Stirring,” 01/06/2012, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 20, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_AD7214EEE9EE40A69422164007B33849.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Wok-Stirring.” 01/06/2012. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 20, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_AD7214EEE9EE40A69422164007B33849>.
- APA: Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Wok-Stirring. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_AD7214EEE9EE40A69422164007B33849