Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Bloggers: Confessions of the Food-Obsessed
The Hungry Blogger 16x9 Letterbox
More material may be available from this program at the WGBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie
- Bloggers: Confessions of the Food-Obsessed
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiere October 8, 2006
The edgy and provocative Gourmet’s Diary of a Foodie provides exclusive entrée into the passionate inner circle of the food world to uncover the latest cutting-edge food trends, must-use ingredients, kitchen gadgets and food destinations. The 20-part series affords viewers privileged access to an arsenal of trusted industry journalists and epicurean experts who deliver compelling food stories from all around the globe. From street food in Shanghai to a "flameless" restaurant in Spain, Gourmet’s Diary of a Foodie mixes travel with food to explore, inform and entertain.
Looking at the world food-first, Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie is a sophisticated, high-end series that introduces viewers to a feast of cutting-edge food trends, exotic ingredients, and in-the-know food players on an international level. Expanding on the lessons learned during the show's travels, Gourmet Editor-in-Chief Ruth Reichl, along with a supporting staff of Gourmet's renowned food editors, go inside the magazine's test kitchens to show viewers how they can bring this diverse culinary landscape into their own homes.
Produced by WGBH and Zero Point Zero Productions in association with Gourmet magazine and Discovery Networks International, and exclusively sponsored by TIAA-CREF. Series release date: 10/8/2006
- Program Description
BLOGGERS: CONFESSIONS OF THE FOOD-OBSESSED EPISODE 26 Four stars of the blogging world share their opinions on all things edible, teaching us how to go incognito on the outskirts of Hong Kong and how to gather the sweet goods on the streets of Paris. Join us as we visit bloggers who know that creating a culinary tale is not just about the food, it’s about the adventure along the way. Back in the Gourmet kitchen, Ruth Reichl shares a blog-worthy recipe for apricot pie.
RECIPES Apricot Pie Stracciatella Ice Cream (Vanilla Ice Cream with Chocolate Streaks)
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Zero Point Zero Productions (Series Producer)
- Collins, Christopher (Series Producer)
- Tenaglia, Lydia (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Bloggers: Confessions of the Food-Obsessed,” 04/22/2008, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 18, 2020, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_AD6C9139B035462AAD1E339AF2A728AF.
- MLA: “Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Bloggers: Confessions of the Food-Obsessed.” 04/22/2008. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 18, 2020. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_AD6C9139B035462AAD1E339AF2A728AF>.
- APA: Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Bloggers: Confessions of the Food-Obsessed. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_AD6C9139B035462AAD1E339AF2A728AF