Arthur; Sue Ellen Gets Her Goose Cooked; Best of the Nest
86B - Corrected Scene, 87A - Neutrals
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Sue Ellen Gets Her Goose Cooked; Best of the Nest
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
Best of the Nest: Now that the gang has beaten Virtualgoose, they move onto Best of the Nest, where five geese fight to survive in the virtual woods. As the competition escalates, Brain becomes inspired to initiate a camping trip ... in the real woods. Will any of his friends be willing to forgo their computers for a real, live adventure?
Sue Ellen Gets Her Goose Cooked: Sue Ellen is the champion of the popular Internet game, Virtualgoose.com. She becomes so obsessed, however, that she starts imagining her friends as geese to be conquered! Can Sue Ellen give up Virtualgoose before she finally quacks... er, cracks?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Sue Ellen Gets Her Goose Cooked; Best of the Nest,” 07/06/2001, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 19, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_AD53113F9DA44731BB127E06EEEBDF17.
- MLA: “Arthur; Sue Ellen Gets Her Goose Cooked; Best of the Nest.” 07/06/2001. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 19, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_AD53113F9DA44731BB127E06EEEBDF17>.
- APA: Arthur; Sue Ellen Gets Her Goose Cooked; Best of the Nest. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_AD53113F9DA44731BB127E06EEEBDF17