Martha Speaks; Martha in the Hold; Get Along, Little Dogies
MSPE 205 MI# 1123564 PBS
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Martha Speaks
- Martha in the Hold; Get Along, Little Dogies
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered September 1, 2008
"Martha Speaks" is an animated series that is designed to enrich the vocabulary of 4- to 7-year-olds. The series is based on the classic books by Susan Meddaugh that have charmed and captivated millions of children. Each episode uses Martha's unique linguistic abilities and the hilarious consequences to engage kids and help build their vocabulary skills.
In each Martha Speaks episode, the characters use special words throughout the show. Explicit words, marked with (E), are defined by one of the characters on the show. Implicit words, marked with (I), are used on the show but not defined.
Produced with Studio B Productions, Inc. Series release date: 9/1/2008
- Program Description
Martha in the Hold
Martha's family is going out West on vacation and Martha doesn't want to be left behind. But that cargo hold where dogs have to travel sounds scary. Can Martha find her ticket to ride?
(E) cargo, passenger, turbulence, arrive, depart
(I) travel, suitcase, flight, trip, take off
Get Along, Little Dogies!
Martha is excited to go on a cattle drive. Cookie the cowhand isn't so sure that Martha is fit for the trip and he might be right. Can Martha show Cookie that she has what it takes to be at home on the range?
(E) vacation, stampede, lodging, sightseeing, cattle drive, scenery
(I) wagon, cowboy, camp, outdoors, tour
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Barss, Karen (Series Producer)
- Sullivan, Brigid (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Martha Speaks; Martha in the Hold; Get Along, Little Dogies,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 22, 2019, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_AD42F79828674B9E8B14ED52A69BDE57.
- MLA: “Martha Speaks; Martha in the Hold; Get Along, Little Dogies.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 22, 2019. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_AD42F79828674B9E8B14ED52A69BDE57>.
- APA: Martha Speaks; Martha in the Hold; Get Along, Little Dogies. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_AD42F79828674B9E8B14ED52A69BDE57