Peep And The Big Wide World; Current Events; Quack Loses His Hat
includes two PEEP stories and one POCOYO interstitial. As broadcast on APT.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Peep And The Big Wide World
- Current Events; Quack Loses His Hat
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered April of 2004 on The Learning Channel And Discovery Kids Channel. The animated series PEEP and the Big Wide World gives wings to the innovative idea of teaching science to preschoolers. Wry and distinctive visual humor, charming plotlines, and lovable characters combine with a comprehensive science program to attract and engage kids three to five years old. Set in and around a pond, a bush, and a tin can, the show follows a newly hatched chicken named Peep, and his friends Chirp and Quack (a robin and a duck), on their daily adventures. Each half-hour episode contains two stories which highlight specific science concepts, plus two live-action shorts presenting real kids playing and experimenting with these concepts in their own big wide worlds.
Narrated by award-winning comedienne Joan Cusack. Series release date: 4/2004
- Program Description
NOTE: Rebroadcast as Program 212 CURRENT EVENTS PEEP BORROWS A TOY BOAT FROM NELLIE’S YARD AND SETS OFF FOR MYSTERIOUS, UNREACHABLE GREEN ISLAND.
INTERSTITIAL: SARAH IS FILLING THE POOL WITH A HOSE. THERE ARE LEAVES AND STICKS IN THE POOL, AND IT'S COOL THE WAY THE FLOW OF WATER MOVES THE STUFF AROUND. "SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU PUT THINGS IN STREAMS OF WATER."
QUACK LOSES HIS HAT IN ORDER TO SAVE QUACK (WHO’S STUCK INSIDE A PICKLE JAR—DON’T ASK), PEEP MUST FIGURE OUT HOW TO FLOAT A DUCK.
INTERSTITIAL: SOME THINGS FLOAT AND OTHER THINGS SINK. THAT'S WHAT THE KIDS FIND OUT WHEN THEY START PUTTING STUFF IN THE POOL. "TRY PUTTING THINGS IN THE WATER TO SEE WHAT FLOATS AND WHAT SINKS."
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Nine Story Entertainment (Series Producer)
- WGBH (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Current Events; Quack Loses His Hat,” 08/01/2011, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 13, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_ACF1327CD6B74F608FCCF1FF8EAA9C72.
- MLA: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Current Events; Quack Loses His Hat.” 08/01/2011. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 13, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_ACF1327CD6B74F608FCCF1FF8EAA9C72>.
- APA: Peep And The Big Wide World; Current Events; Quack Loses His Hat. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_ACF1327CD6B74F608FCCF1FF8EAA9C72