Arthur; Brother Can You Spare a Clarinet?; Prunella and the Special Edition
Tracks 1-2 Full Stereo Mix, Tracks 3-4 Music and Effects Stereo Mix
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Brother Can You Spare a Clarinet?; Prunella and the Special Edition
- Program Number
603; 604; 90
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
604: Brother, Can You Spare a Clarinet?: The try-outs for the Young Person's Orchestra are coming to Lakewood Elementary and everyone agrees that Binky is a shoe-in, since he's the best musician in school. So why is Binky suddenly refusing to play in band practice? Has Binky turned against his clarinet ... or against music itself?
603: Prunella's Special Edition: The latest book about everyone's favorite boy wizard -- Henry Skreever, of course -- is finally in stores! Every kid in town is lining up to get it ... except Prunella, who's ordered a monogrammed, limited edition, coming all the way from England. She's in for a surprise, though, when they mix up her order and send a Braille version instead.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Brother Can You Spare a Clarinet?; Prunella and the Special Edition,” 08/16/2001, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 3, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_ACF10C37395A41B0B264ADB4E5054F72.
- MLA: “Arthur; Brother Can You Spare a Clarinet?; Prunella and the Special Edition.” 08/16/2001. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 3, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_ACF10C37395A41B0B264ADB4E5054F72>.
- APA: Arthur; Brother Can You Spare a Clarinet?; Prunella and the Special Edition. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_ACF10C37395A41B0B264ADB4E5054F72