Ten O'Clock News; Robin Williams at Hasty Pudding
Harvard University Hasty Pudding club names actor Robin Williams Hasty Pudding Man of the Year 1989. Williams wears tassel bra and long hair wig on stage to receive ward. Reporter Jeff Strate explains qualifications for Man of the Year. Close-up of hand circling words on printed paper. Footage of Williams speaking to crowd, with award and students on stage. Strate gives brief over view of Williams's key acting roles; clips of the actor on stage and with John Lithgow (Strate says "Lithbrow") on film. Brief clip of firetrucks with sirens at venue in response to alarm before awards ceremony. Strate talking to students. Williams gives closing thanks to crowd.
- Ten O'Clock News
Robin Williams at Hasty Pudding
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Fire fighters
- Hasty Pudding Club
- Williams, Robin, 1952 July 21-
- Cambridge (Mass.)
- News Report
- Williams, Robin, 1952 July 21- (Speaker)
- Strate, Jeff (Reporter)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Robin Williams at Hasty Pudding,” 02/21/1989, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 22, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_AC988C73C2F044E6B05E2799D4AD32A4.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Robin Williams at Hasty Pudding.” 02/21/1989. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 22, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_AC988C73C2F044E6B05E2799D4AD32A4>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Robin Williams at Hasty Pudding. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_AC988C73C2F044E6B05E2799D4AD32A4