Evening Compass, The; Mayor White Press Conference
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Evening Compass, The
- Mayor White Press Conference
- Series Description
Premiered January 1974
The Evening Compass was a half-hour program airing Monday - Friday at 7 pm, repeated at 10:30. With co-anchormen Ed Baumeister and Louis Lyons, its purpose was to interpret news already reported elsewhere and to recognize, report and interpret news not reported elsewhere. Compass Specials were occasional broadcasts at other times that usually covered actual events as opportunities and resources permitted. Evening Compass incorporated the staff of Louis Lyons/News and Comment and The Reporters.
See Prime Time January and February 1974 for cover stories. Series release date: 1/2/1974
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- News Report
- Stuart, Charles (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Evening Compass, The; Mayor White Press Conference,” 09/08/1975, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 26, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_AC8B274222E34B0B94B22AAA5BEC9882.
- MLA: “Evening Compass, The; Mayor White Press Conference.” 09/08/1975. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 26, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_AC8B274222E34B0B94B22AAA5BEC9882>.
- APA: Evening Compass, The; Mayor White Press Conference. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_AC8B274222E34B0B94B22AAA5BEC9882