Evening at Pops; Arthur Fiedler: Just Call Me Maestro
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Evening at Pops
- Arthur Fiedler: Just Call Me Maestro
- Program Number
- Series Description
Taped shows of the Boston Pops. First telecast on WGBH in June 1957; Arthur Fiedler conducting at MIT Kresge Auditorium. Premiered nationally July 5, 1970, performances at Symphony Hall. Series release date: 1970
- Program Description
Originally aired as a special in 1979, repeated on Evening At Pops in 1994. This program marks the centennial of legendary conductor Arthur Fiedler's birth with an encore presentation of "Arthur Fiedler: Just Call Me Maestro." This award-winning documentary profiles "Mr. Pops," who gave shape to the Boston Pops Orchestra and brought it national attention during his 50-year tenure as its conductor.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Performance for a Live Audience
- Dangel, Susan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Evening at Pops; Arthur Fiedler: Just Call Me Maestro,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 24, 2019, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_AC295355C4044CC7BED685F140085DC3.
- MLA: “Evening at Pops; Arthur Fiedler: Just Call Me Maestro.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 24, 2019. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_AC295355C4044CC7BED685F140085DC3>.
- APA: Evening at Pops; Arthur Fiedler: Just Call Me Maestro. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_AC295355C4044CC7BED685F140085DC3