Arthur; Cents-less; Buster the Lounge Lizard
WGBH Master Cents-Less, 182A Buster the Lounge Lizard, 182B
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Cents-less; Buster the Lounge Lizard
- Program Number
1504; 182A; 182B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
See individual titles for additional assets.
Cents-Less, 182A Mr. Ratburn decides it’s time for his class to learn a little about money...or, rather, the lack of it. For the entire weekend, no one in the class can spend a cent. Will the kids survive!? And can’t Muffy just use her credit card?? Or will she figure out how to use an actual skill and…barter?
Educational objective: Muffy and friends learn how to survive without using money by bartering and by utilizing her skill set. Francine learns how to save money.
Buster the Lounge Lizard, 182B Buster has the brand-new Dark Bunny Dark Buggy, complete with grappling hook and voice commands! But with all its bells and whistles, the Buggy seems to have a mind of its own and has zoomed its way into the mysterious teacher’s lounge, where no student dares to enter. Until…now?
Educational objective: Buster learns that others’ privacy is something to honor and respect.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Cents-less; Buster the Lounge Lizard,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 19, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_ABBB0323F8444FAFA4E9395A663406BD.
- MLA: “Arthur; Cents-less; Buster the Lounge Lizard.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 19, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_ABBB0323F8444FAFA4E9395A663406BD>.
- APA: Arthur; Cents-less; Buster the Lounge Lizard. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_ABBB0323F8444FAFA4E9395A663406BD