FRONTLINE Special Report; Decade of Destruction: In the Ashes of the Forest
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- FRONTLINE Special Report
- Decade of Destruction: In the Ashes of the Forest
- Program Number
- Series Description
Since January 1983, FRONTLINE has served as American public television's - PBS - flagship public affairs series. Hailed upon its television broadcast debut as "the last best hope for broadcast documentaries," FRONTLINE's stature over 23 years is reaffirmed each week through incisive documentaries covering the scope and complexity of the human experience. Series release date: 1/1983
- Program Description
Two sons of a Brazilian settler in the Amazon are murdered and one is kidnapped by Indians, A government expedition searches for the boy for four years. Meanwhile, the colonists' expansion continues to encroach on the Indians' land and the Amazon rain forest in slashed and burned by peasants seeking free land and big harvests. The crisis is taken to the US Congress. Under pressure, the World Bank finally changes its policies towards Brazilian development, but the peasants continue to move deeper into the forest, cutting and burning.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Public Affairs
- Fanning, David (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “FRONTLINE Special Report; Decade of Destruction: In the Ashes of the Forest,” 08/25/1990, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 20, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_AB7320814F674AFCA45A23C637D1C252.
- MLA: “FRONTLINE Special Report; Decade of Destruction: In the Ashes of the Forest.” 08/25/1990. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 20, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_AB7320814F674AFCA45A23C637D1C252>.
- APA: FRONTLINE Special Report; Decade of Destruction: In the Ashes of the Forest. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_AB7320814F674AFCA45A23C637D1C252