Ten O'Clock News; Brooke visuals
Visuals related to the district attorney's inquiry into the finances and divorce case of Senator Edward Brooke. Shots include court drawings, newspaper headlines, and articles from The Boston Globe, photographs of A. Raymond Tye (Boston liquor wholesaler) and Brooke, and the typed cover of the district attorney's inquiry.
- Ten O'Clock News
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Legislators -- United States
- African American politicians
- Brooke, Edward William, 1919-
- Political corruption
- News Report
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Brooke visuals,” 08/22/1978, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 20, 2019, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_AAE8280E15674D46BF0F19C69971AE30.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Brooke visuals.” 08/22/1978. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 20, 2019. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_AAE8280E15674D46BF0F19C69971AE30>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Brooke visuals. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_AAE8280E15674D46BF0F19C69971AE30