Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Carlos Lauria and Blanche Petrich
La Plaza Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One Carlos Lauria and Blanche Petrich WGBH Master Show #3105 Patricia Alvarado (617) 300-2289 email@example.com
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One
- Carlos Lauria and Blanche Petrich
- Program Number
- Series Description
Series Premiere May 1, 2007 The series ran for 5 seasons and ended in 2012.
La Plaza, the Latino Production Unit of WGBH Boston, presents the new series Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One, a provocative in-depth talk show featuring America's foremost Latino thinkers, artists, writers, and opinion leaders. Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One will premiere on WGBH and air on public television stations across the United States. A separate version of the episodes, in which the interview is conducted in Spanish, will run on V-me, a Spanish language digital public television service.
Hinojosa is an award-winning journalist and author, and the managing editor and host of public radio's Latino USA. A seasoned journalist with more than 25 years of experience, Hinojosa is also the senior correspondent for the Emmy Award-winning PBS newsmagazine NOW with David Brancaccio.
The executive producer of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One is Joseph Tovares. Patricia Alvarado Núñez is the producer.
Conversaciones con Maria Hinojosa is the Spanish-language version of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One. It features interviews with prominent Latino artists, writers, activists and civic leaders. The first season aired on V-me, the Spanish-language digital PBS channel. Series release date: 5/1/2007
- Program Description
In 2006, Mexico was second only to Iraq on the Reporters Without Borders list of countries most hostile to journalists Carlos Lauría is the Americas Program Coordinator of CPJ, an independent, nonprofit organization founded in 1981 to promote press freedom worldwide by defending the rights of journalists to report the news without fear of reprisal Blanche Petrich is a reporter for La Jornada, one of Mexico City’s leading newspapers Petrich broke the story of the arrest and torture of journalist Lydia Cacho-Ribeiro. Lauría and Petrich detail the conditions journalists face in Mexico and many parts of the world.
NOTE: The 3XX program number refers to the APT number for Maria Hinojosa series. The 31XX program number refers to the WGBH number for the Maria Hinojosa series as a continuation of La Plaza.
VeMe program number: 303
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Talk Show
- Tovares, Joseph (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Carlos Lauria and Blanche Petrich,” 02/10/2009, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 19, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_AAB32D3E46124DC787909E8577A5AE8A.
- MLA: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Carlos Lauria and Blanche Petrich.” 02/10/2009. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 19, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_AAB32D3E46124DC787909E8577A5AE8A>.
- APA: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Carlos Lauria and Blanche Petrich. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_AAB32D3E46124DC787909E8577A5AE8A