Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Vietnam: The Taste Of Simplicity
Vietnam: The Taste of Simplicity 16x9 Letterbox
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie
- Vietnam: The Taste Of Simplicity
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiere October 8, 2006
The edgy and provocative Gourmet’s Diary of a Foodie provides exclusive entrée into the passionate inner circle of the food world to uncover the latest cutting-edge food trends, must-use ingredients, kitchen gadgets and food destinations. The 20-part series affords viewers privileged access to an arsenal of trusted industry journalists and epicurean experts who deliver compelling food stories from all around the globe. From street food in Shanghai to a "flameless" restaurant in Spain, Gourmet’s Diary of a Foodie mixes travel with food to explore, inform and entertain.
Looking at the world food-first, Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie is a sophisticated, high-end series that introduces viewers to a feast of cutting-edge food trends, exotic ingredients, and in-the-know food players on an international level. Expanding on the lessons learned during the show's travels, Gourmet Editor-in-Chief Ruth Reichl, along with a supporting staff of Gourmet's renowned food editors, go inside the magazine's test kitchens to show viewers how they can bring this diverse culinary landscape into their own homes.
Produced by WGBH and Zero Point Zero Productions in association with Gourmet magazine and Discovery Networks International, and exclusively sponsored by TIAA-CREF. Series release date: 10/8/2006
- Program Description
Join us on a trip to the incredible country of Vietnam, where fine cuisine is utterly simple. In a remote fishing village in the waters of Ha Long Bay, we’ll experience one of the most popular dishes in Vietnam: Canh Chua Ca (Sweet and Sour Fish Soup). Next we’ll take a caffeine-buzz tour with a food blogger to the many coffee houses in Hanoi. In Tay Ninh, the local rice paper at a family-run factory is so special that cooks come from all over Vietnam to stock up. Back in the Gourmet kitchen, Clay Pot Pork combines sweet, salty, and spicy in a single easy-to-make dish.
RECIPES Clay Pot Pork “Finger” Fish Rolls Vietnamese Coffee Zabaglione
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Tenaglia, Lydia (Series Producer)
- Zero Point Zero Productions (Series Producer)
- Collins, Christopher (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Vietnam: The Taste Of Simplicity,” 04/09/2008, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 27, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_AA38E003DD2D4C378F52D27280AAE375.
- MLA: “Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Vietnam: The Taste Of Simplicity.” 04/09/2008. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 27, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_AA38E003DD2D4C378F52D27280AAE375>.
- APA: Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Vietnam: The Taste Of Simplicity. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_AA38E003DD2D4C378F52D27280AAE375