Arthur; Arthur Goes to Camp; Buster Makes the Grade
01:11:11 - Bad spot on tape WGBH EE Master
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Arthur Goes to Camp; Buster Makes the Grade
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
Arthur Goes To Camp: Arthur and his friends go to summer camp, where it's strictly boys vs. girls. Based on a book of the same title by Marc Brown
Buster Makes the Grade: Buster Baxter: class clown, the life of the party, everyone's favorite jokester. Unfortunately, though, Buster's grades aren't as good as his jokes, and Buster is faced with the prospect of having to repeat third grade while all of his friends move on. How can he possibly get a B on the final test when he's allergic to studying?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Arthur Goes to Camp; Buster Makes the Grade,” 09/28/1997, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed June 21, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A9CA6CF7ADBE47FBBBADD5DE6694F4B3.
- MLA: “Arthur; Arthur Goes to Camp; Buster Makes the Grade.” 09/28/1997. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. June 21, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A9CA6CF7ADBE47FBBBADD5DE6694F4B3>.
- APA: Arthur; Arthur Goes to Camp; Buster Makes the Grade. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A9CA6CF7ADBE47FBBBADD5DE6694F4B3