American Experience; Nixon; Haig goes to Cambodia, 1972
Part of The Vietnam Collection.
Haig leaves Vietnam for Cambodia. Breakfast meeting (November 13) at White House. Alexander Haig, Henry Kissinger, Richard Nixon, William Rogers, Melvin Laird; and strolling outside White House. Haig boards plane in Vietnam. Bunker. (25', silent / sound on film) 2.Nixon, Haig, Laird walking outside.(13', silent)
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- American Experience
- Program Number
Haig goes to Cambodia, 1972
- Series Description
Premiered October 1988 As television's longest-running, most-watched history series, American Experience brings to life the incredible characters and epic stories that helped form this nation. Now in its eighteenth season, the series has produced over 180 programs and garnered every major broadcast award. Series release date: 10/1988
- Program Description
In this three-hour presentation, Richard Nixon's life and political career are reassessed primarily by those who knew him best. The program chronicles his life from boyhood in Yorba Linda, California, through his days as a young Congressman to his presidency where he astounded the nation with his foreign policy initiatives and then left office in disgrace.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Bunker, Ellsworth, 1894-
- Laird, Melvin R.
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975
- White House
- Vietnam (Republic)
- Kissinger, Henry, 1923-
- Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous), 1913-1994
- Washington (D.C.)
- Rogers, William P. (William Pierce), 1913-2001
- Haig, Alexander Meigs, 1924-
- White House, Washington, DC; Vietnam
- Laird, Melvin R. ()
- Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous), 1913-1994 ()
- Bunker, Ellsworth, 1894- ()
- Rogers, William P. (William Pierce), 1913-2001 ()
- Kissinger, Henry, 1923- ()
- Haig, Alexander Meigs, 1924- ()
- Publication Information
- ABC News VideoSource
- Rights Summary
Footage courtesy of ABC News Rights Holder: ABC News VideoSource (http://abcnews.go.com)
- Chicago: “American Experience; Nixon; Haig goes to Cambodia, 1972,” 11/14/1972, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed June 24, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A9B97B04000C498089E1ECE499852F5E.
- MLA: “American Experience; Nixon; Haig goes to Cambodia, 1972.” 11/14/1972. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. June 24, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A9B97B04000C498089E1ECE499852F5E>.
- APA: American Experience; Nixon; Haig goes to Cambodia, 1972. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A9B97B04000C498089E1ECE499852F5E