Food Trip with Todd English; New York: The Surprise Inside
Food Trip with Todd English 104 New York: The Surprise Inside SD Base Revision 001
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Food Trip with Todd English
- New York: The Surprise Inside
- Program Number
- Series Description
Saturdays, beginning January 13, 2007
Todd English: chef, author, restaurateur, entrepreneur, explorer, food tripper. He is among America’s culinary royalty, but just where does he get the inspiration for new dishes, new menus, or new restaurants? To find out, join the chef on Food Trip with Todd English, thirteen half-hour episodes premiering on WGBH 2 on Saturday, January 13, 2007, as he shares his talent and taste for reinventing traditional cooking. “I get a lot of ideas from traveling around the country and the world,” says English. “Cooking is often an interpretation of one’s experience and one’s knowledge. Food Trip with Todd English is the kind of television program that will show how people and places inspire me—and how public television viewers can also be motivated to get back into their kitchens and create their own inspired dishes.”
During his travels at home and abroad, Todd explores a different dish or culinary tradition, drawing inspiration for new recipes from each locale's native cuisine and ingredients. Series release date: 1/13/2007
- Program Description
Broadcast in 2007 JOIN TODD ENGLISH AS HE TRAVELS FROM HELL’S KITCHEN DOWN THROUGH THE EAST VILLAGE IN NEW YORK CITY IN SEARCH OF DISTINCT REGIONAL TAKES ON THE UBIQUITOUS DUMPLING, A DISH THAT CHANGES WITH THE CULTURE AND AVAILABLE INGREDIENTS. ALONG THE WAY, TODD SAMPLES CRISP AND DELICATE INDIAN SAMOSA; POLISH PIEROGI, SERVED WITH SOUR CREAM, FRIED ONIONS, OR APPLE COMPOTE; JEWISH KREPLACH, AND EVERYTHING IN BETWEEN. IN THE OLIVES KITCHEN, TODD PRESENTS HIS OWN SPIN ON THE CHINESE SOUP DUMPLING; POTATO GNOCCHI FILLED WITH TOMATO BROTH, LOBSTER, AND MOZZARELLA.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Donnelly, Laurie (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Food Trip with Todd English; New York: The Surprise Inside,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 21, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A9125EC36C314ABFB4CF91FAD0705AB1.
- MLA: “Food Trip with Todd English; New York: The Surprise Inside.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 21, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A9125EC36C314ABFB4CF91FAD0705AB1>.
- APA: Food Trip with Todd English; New York: The Surprise Inside. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A9125EC36C314ABFB4CF91FAD0705AB1