Classic Theatre: The Humanities in Drama; MacBeth
1999 MAPC Preservation Master NOT FOR AIR
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Classic Theatre: The Humanities in Drama
- Program Number
- Series Description
BBC productions of classic drama; interviews with actors, directors precede each play: "Edward II," "Macbeth," "The Duchess of Malfi," "Paradise Restored," "She Stoops to Conquer," "Candide," "The Rivals," "The Wild Duck," "Hedda Gabler," "Trelawny of the Wells," "The Three Sisters," "The Playboy of the Western World," "Uncle Vanya," "Mrs. Warren's Profession."
Interviews with actors, directors and scholars aired the evening before on Classic Theatre Preview.
See Prime Time Program Guide September 1975 for cover story. Series release date: 1975
- Program Description
Star Eric Porter and scholar S. Schoenbaum, author of William Shakespeare: A Documentary Life, offer information and some anecdotes about Macbeth.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Talk Show
- Wilson, Joan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Classic Theatre: The Humanities in Drama; MacBeth,” 09/03/1975, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 18, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A88648F5A4454851A6443E3C844E2375.
- MLA: “Classic Theatre: The Humanities in Drama; MacBeth.” 09/03/1975. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 18, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A88648F5A4454851A6443E3C844E2375>.
- APA: Classic Theatre: The Humanities in Drama; MacBeth. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A88648F5A4454851A6443E3C844E2375