Arthur; Buster’s Green Thumb; My Fair Tommy
Funder credits revised 8/18/2008
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Buster’s Green Thumb; My Fair Tommy
- Program Number
904; 120B; 117A
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
See individual titles for additional assets.
Buster’s Green Thumb
Buster finds out that his collection of old food makes excellent compost -- which makes for even better tomatoes! He's dismayed when he runs out of fresh veggies to give away until his new friend, who runs the community garden, shows him what it takes to grow and care for his own plants.
My Fair Tommy
Neither of the Tibble twins has ever won the coveted "Good Behavior of the Week" cupcake award. When Tommy sets his sights on getting the prize, can D.W. show him how it's done, or will Timmy stand in his way?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Buster’s Green Thumb; My Fair Tommy,” 11/22/2004, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 17, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A85EE954DDBA4654A0E8A6601718763B.
- MLA: “Arthur; Buster’s Green Thumb; My Fair Tommy.” 11/22/2004. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 17, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A85EE954DDBA4654A0E8A6601718763B>.
- APA: Arthur; Buster’s Green Thumb; My Fair Tommy. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A85EE954DDBA4654A0E8A6601718763B