Advocates; Should Journalists have the right to protect their sources?
Part of The Advocates.
Moderator: Michael Dukakis Advocate: Charles Nesson Advocate: Avi Nelson Witnesses: Daniel Schorr Journalist Floyd Abrams Attorney David Wilson Boston Globe Prof. Larry Simms Former Counsel, Reporters Committee
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Should Journalists have the right to protect their sources?
- Program Number
- Series Description
A SERIES OF DEBATES with a moderator facilitating the discussion of national and international issues - using advocates who would introduce witnesses to support their point of view. Debates recorded at Boston's Faneuil Hall. Moderators included: Michael Dukakis; Marilyn Berger; Michael Harrington, Robert Maynard. (Premiered October, 1969; conceived by Prof. Roger Fisher.) Other participants included Barney Frank, Avi Nelson, Antonin Scalia, S.I. Hayakawa, Paul Simon, Albert Shankar, Richard Bolling, Pete McCloskey, Chester Crocker, John Anderson, Elmo Zumwalt, George Ball, John Kenneth Galbraith, William Colby, Eleanor Smeal, Phyllis Schlafly, Sam Ervin, Laurence Tribe, Daniel Schorr, Orrin Hatch, Morris Udall, Edward Kennedy, George McGovern, Jake Garn, Paul Tsongas, Alan Dershowitz. Series release date: 1969
- Program Description
Moderator: Michael Dukakis Advocate: Charles Nesson Advocate: Avi Nelson Witnesses: Daniel Schorr – Journalist Floyd Abrams – Attorney David Wilson – Boston Globe Prof. Larry Simms – Former Counsel, Reporter’s Committee Co-produced by and taped at the Kennedy School of Government, bears WGBH copyright
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Nesson, Charles R.
- Schorr, Daniel, 1916-2010
- Abrams, Floyd
- Wilson, David
- Dukakis, Michael S. (Michael Stanley), 1933-
- Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Public Affairs
- Social Issues
- Simms, Larry (Guest)
- Schorr, Daniel (Guest)
- Dukakis, Michael (Moderator)
- Nelson, Avi (Guest)
- Wilson, David (Guest)
- Abrams, Floyd (Guest)
- Nesson, Charles (Guest)
- Publication Information
- Supported by a grant from the Open Society Foundations.
- Chicago: “Advocates; Should Journalists have the right to protect their sources?,” 02/18/1979, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 8, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A833CC35B40E4CD7846067973516BABF.
- MLA: “Advocates; Should Journalists have the right to protect their sources?.” 02/18/1979. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 8, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A833CC35B40E4CD7846067973516BABF>.
- APA: Advocates; Should Journalists have the right to protect their sources?. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A833CC35B40E4CD7846067973516BABF