Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Cooking With Spirits
Simply Ming Julio Bermejo & Cooking with Spirits
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- Cooking on the Fly: Cooking With Spirits
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
NOTE: Broadcast in Boston one week later than system airdate.
914: JULIO BERMEJO & COOKING WITH SPIRITS LOCATION: Ferry Plaza Farmer's Market and Tommy's Mexican Restaurant, San Francisco, CA
We all love cooking with wine but how about using spirits? On this week’s episode of SIMPLY MING, Ming shows how as he cooks with tequila. He’ll be joined by longtime friend, Julio Bermejo, the tequila master at Tommy's in San Francisco. Looking for inspiration Julio and Ming explore amazing food stalls at the Ferry Plaza Farmer’s Market before heading back to Tommy’s to cook on the fly.
Recipes: Halibut & Sea Bean-Maitake Mushroom Taco with Jalapeno Slaw Julio Bermejo's Drunken Shrimp
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Cooking With Spirits,” 11/21/2011, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 26, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A7C8C061231646A3BCD92C722F1BECA9.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Cooking With Spirits.” 11/21/2011. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 26, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A7C8C061231646A3BCD92C722F1BECA9>.
- APA: Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Cooking With Spirits. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A7C8C061231646A3BCD92C722F1BECA9