Arthur; Binky Barnes, Wingman; D.W. Tale Spins
Tr. 1-2 Full Mix Stereo, Tr. 3 SFX Mono, Tr. 4 Dialogue Mono
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Binky Barnes, Wingman; D.W. Tale Spins
- Program Number
74A - 74B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
407: Binky Barnes, Wingman: Does Binky have a favorite pastime? Not until citywide Bug Week, when suddenly all he can think about is butterflies. But is Binky's obsession with catching Big Blue Butterfly destined to make him the Captain Ahab of Elwood City? And what will become of Moby Dick... er, Big Blue, if it falls into Binky's clutches?
406: D.W. Tale Spins: What happens when you combine Greek Mythology with D.W.'s imagination? When Grandma Thora shows D.W. how to be a author of great stories without even knowing how to write, D.W. tells a fantastic tale (with a little help from Homer) that impresses even Arthur.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Binky Barnes, Wingman; D.W. Tale Spins,” 09/20/1999, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 25, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A7C396F2D5014A9C9C253F01E55A38FC.
- MLA: “Arthur; Binky Barnes, Wingman; D.W. Tale Spins.” 09/20/1999. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 25, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A7C396F2D5014A9C9C253F01E55A38FC>.
- APA: Arthur; Binky Barnes, Wingman; D.W. Tale Spins. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A7C396F2D5014A9C9C253F01E55A38FC