Advocates; Should The Federal Government Reduce Everybodys Income Tax Thirty Percent Over The Next Three Years?
Part of The Advocates.
Moderator: Marilyn Berger Advocate: William Rusher Advocate: Stephen Schlossberg Witnesses: Cong. Jack Kemp (R ) New York, Sponsor Kemp-Roth Bill Wendell Wilkie Gunn Vice President, Chase Manhattan Bank Robert M. Dunn, Jr. Professor Of Economics, George Washington University Cong. Richard Bolling (D) Missouri, Chair Joint Economics Committee
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Should The Federal Government Reduce Everybodys Income Tax Thirty Percent Over The Next Three Years?
- Program Number
- Series Description
A SERIES OF DEBATES with a moderator facilitating the discussion of national and international issues - using advocates who would introduce witnesses to support their point of view. Debates recorded at Boston's Faneuil Hall. Moderators included: Michael Dukakis; Marilyn Berger; Michael Harrington, Robert Maynard. (Premiered October, 1969; conceived by Prof. Roger Fisher.) Other participants included Barney Frank, Avi Nelson, Antonin Scalia, S.I. Hayakawa, Paul Simon, Albert Shankar, Richard Bolling, Pete McCloskey, Chester Crocker, John Anderson, Elmo Zumwalt, George Ball, John Kenneth Galbraith, William Colby, Eleanor Smeal, Phyllis Schlafly, Sam Ervin, Laurence Tribe, Daniel Schorr, Orrin Hatch, Morris Udall, Edward Kennedy, George McGovern, Jake Garn, Paul Tsongas, Alan Dershowitz. Series release date: 1969
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Berger, Marilyn
- Kemp, Jack
- Dunn, Robert M.
- Gunn, Wendell W.
- Schlossberg, Stephen I., 1921-2011
- Bolling, Richard, 1916-1991
- Rusher, William A., 1923-2011
- Faneuil Hall, Boston, Massachusetts
- Social Issues
- Public Affairs
- Berger, Marilyn (Moderator)
- Bolling, Richard (Guest)
- Rusher, William (Guest)
- Gunn, Wendell (Guest)
- Schlossberg, Stephen (Guest)
- Dunn, Robert (Guest)
- Kemp, Jack (Guest)
- Publication Information
- Supported by a grant from the Open Society Foundations.
- Chicago: “Advocates; Should The Federal Government Reduce Everybodys Income Tax Thirty Percent Over The Next Three Years?,” 07/20/1978, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed July 21, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A7B2EF4F655A4D7C8207B2C2C11B389B.
- MLA: “Advocates; Should The Federal Government Reduce Everybodys Income Tax Thirty Percent Over The Next Three Years?.” 07/20/1978. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. July 21, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A7B2EF4F655A4D7C8207B2C2C11B389B>.
- APA: Advocates; Should The Federal Government Reduce Everybodys Income Tax Thirty Percent Over The Next Three Years?. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A7B2EF4F655A4D7C8207B2C2C11B389B