Mystery!; Foyle’s War, Series II: Fifty Ships
Foyle’s War, Series II Episode 1, Fifty Ships
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Foyle’s War, Series II: Fifty Ships
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered in 1980 -- offshoot of MASTERPIECE THEATRE. Showcase for the best of British drama in the mystery genre. Current producer, Rebecca Eaton. See individual episode titles for more information. Host: 1980: Gene Shalit; 1981-1989: Vincent Price; 1989-present: Diana Rigg Series release date: 1980
- Program Description
September 1940: An American millionaire, a German spy, an old flame and a body on a deserted beach present Foyle with his greatest challenge yet. A bomb destroys Sam's boarding house, leaving her homeless and alerting Foyle to a system of organized looting around Hastings. But when the father of one of the suspected looters is found dead on the beach, Foyle and Milner's investigation brings them into conflict with British efforts to secure vital American aid for the war.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Eaton, Rebecca (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Mystery!; Foyle’s War, Series II: Fifty Ships,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 22, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A698805A1AC84F55A671FF22455988DD.
- MLA: “Mystery!; Foyle’s War, Series II: Fifty Ships.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 22, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A698805A1AC84F55A671FF22455988DD>.
- APA: Mystery!; Foyle’s War, Series II: Fifty Ships. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A698805A1AC84F55A671FF22455988DD