Simply Ming; Thai Lime Leaves/ Shallots
Lime Leafs and Shallots with Clark Frasier and Mark Gaier Anamorphic
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- Thai Lime Leaves/ Shallots
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
Guest Chef: Clark Frasier and Mark Gaier
In this episode, Ming’s menu consists of the East-West duo Thai lime leaves and shallots. In the kitchen, Ming prepares an “All-In-One” Thai Seafood Soup. In addition to the soup, Ming makes flavorful Lime Leaf Shrimp Satays. Forget the traditional buffalo chicken wings – Ming puts his spin on the tasty favorite when he makes Crispy Chicken Wings with Lime Leaf Shallot Chile Sauce. Guest chefs Clark Frasier and Mark Gaier, chef/owners of Arrows in Ogunquit , ME , visit Ming’s kitchen to try their hands at using the East-West ingredients. Clark and Mark create a delicious Crispy Shiitake Mushroom Lime Leaf and Shallot Salad. This recipe is perfected with Mango Lettuce and Lime Shallot Clear Dipping Sauce.
Thai Seafood Soup
Lime Leaf Shrimp Satays
Crispy Chicken Wings with Lime Leaf-Shallot Chile Sauce
Clark Frasier And Mark Gaier's Crispy Shiitake Mushroom, Lime Leaf, And Shallot Salad With Mango, Lettuce, And Clear Dipping Sauce
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; Thai Lime Leaves/ Shallots,” 01/26/2008, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed March 24, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A68127EC3B794F03A2E052DC5B98A1C4.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; Thai Lime Leaves/ Shallots.” 01/26/2008. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. March 24, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A68127EC3B794F03A2E052DC5B98A1C4>.
- APA: Simply Ming; Thai Lime Leaves/ Shallots. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A68127EC3B794F03A2E052DC5B98A1C4