Martha Speaks; Monkeyshines Martha; Dog Daze
WGBH Broadcast Master
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Martha Speaks
- Monkeyshines Martha; Dog Daze
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered September 1, 2008
"Martha Speaks" is an animated series that is designed to enrich the vocabulary of 4- to 7-year-olds. The series is based on the classic books by Susan Meddaugh that have charmed and captivated millions of children. Each episode uses Martha's unique linguistic abilities and the hilarious consequences to engage kids and help build their vocabulary skills.
In each Martha Speaks episode, the characters use special words throughout the show. Explicit words, marked with (E), are defined by one of the characters on the show. Implicit words, marked with (I), are used on the show but not defined.
Produced with Studio B Productions, Inc. Series release date: 9/1/2008
- Program Description
Monkeyshines Martha Dietrich Smith Helen’s hefty schoolwork load leaves her with little time left to spend with Martha. To relieve her loneliness, Martha finds a friend in Professor Monkey, whose wacky inventions bring Martha into a world of new adventures.
Vocabulary (E) relie(f)(ve), genius, unwind, cherish, pressure
Dog Daze Jorge Aguirre When Carolina chastises Martha for her seemingly strange mannerisms, Martha wishes Carolina could just see things from a dog’s point of view. That night, Carolina goes to sleep only to awake as...a dog! What will happen when she’s forced to take on a furry, four-legged perspective?
Vocabulary (E) empathy, sympathy, characteristics, mannerisms, point of view
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Barss, Karen (Series Producer)
- Sullivan, Brigid (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Martha Speaks; Monkeyshines Martha; Dog Daze,” 07/23/2012, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 26, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A64BA32147A94CAC92DB36C81D285E5D.
- MLA: “Martha Speaks; Monkeyshines Martha; Dog Daze.” 07/23/2012. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 26, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A64BA32147A94CAC92DB36C81D285E5D>.
- APA: Martha Speaks; Monkeyshines Martha; Dog Daze. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A64BA32147A94CAC92DB36C81D285E5D