Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Turned Floor Lamp
APT HD Master Floor lamp with Al D’attanasio and a road trip to NH with Peter Bloch
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac
- Turned Floor Lamp
- Program Number
- Series Description
ROUGH CUT - WOODWORKING WITH TOMMY MAC invites viewers into the world of respected furniture maker Tommy MacDonald, as he travels to historic landmarks to gain design inspiration and then returns to his workshop to demonstrate the steps and techniques needed to create future family heirlooms. In each episode, MacDonald shares his skills and best practices, providing detailed project instructions for anyone interested in learning the basics of the craft. For the more experienced enthusiast, Tommy also showcases his more complex projects with advanced tips and techniques. Each half-hour includes three segments: "Basic Woodworking Techniques," "Weekend Projects" and "The Field Trip."
Rough Cut – Woodworking with Tommy Mac is produced by WGBH Boston and distributed by American Public Television. Series release date: 10/2/2010
- Program Description
Turned Tall-Floor Lamp – Episode 06
This time, on Rough Cut, Tommy demonstrates the turning technique by using a lathe and shows how to turn cove and bead shapes into a Tall Floor Lamp. He heads to New London, New Hampshire, on a Rough Cut Road Trip, to visit the studio of artist Peter Bloch, who turns lamp shades out of Aspen logs. Back in the studio, Tommy is joined by his friend and fellow woodworker, Al D’Attanasio.
Resources: Jointer Planer» Table Saw Lathe Turning Tools Bench Chisel Clamps
Field Trip: Bloch of Wood (Peter Bloch, Owner), New London, New Hampshire
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Donnelly, Laurie (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Turned Floor Lamp,” 09/20/2011, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 14, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A638600D09754F12931B21A64324713E.
- MLA: “Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Turned Floor Lamp.” 09/20/2011. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 14, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A638600D09754F12931B21A64324713E>.
- APA: Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Turned Floor Lamp. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A638600D09754F12931B21A64324713E