Ten O'Clock News; MASSPORT
B-roll footage of Massachusetts Port Authority (MASSPORT) structures and five MASSPORT workers on strike, picketing in a parking lot. Signs read "MASSPORT Unfair to Teamsters Local 137" and "On Strike." Footage of traffic on bridge; roadway. Motorcycle policeman with canine assistant wearing goggles on back of bike. Zoomed clip of air traffic control tower at Logan Airport; slightly larger group of striking workers circle in parking lot; state policeman regulates traffic.
- Ten O'Clock News
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Massachusetts Port Authority
- Logan International Airport
- Labor unions
- Mystic River Bridge (Boston, Mass.)
- Boston (Mass.)
- East Boston (Boston, Mass.)
- News Report
- Wu, Janet (Reporter)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; MASSPORT,” 10/08/1980, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 19, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A58A5B3AD14F430FAAF54D3143FCFB0D.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; MASSPORT.” 10/08/1980. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 19, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A58A5B3AD14F430FAAF54D3143FCFB0D>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; MASSPORT. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A58A5B3AD14F430FAAF54D3143FCFB0D