Arthur; Ants In Arthur’s Pants; Francine’s Split Decision
Ants in Arthur’s Pants and Francine’s Split Decision
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Ants In Arthur’s Pants; Francine’s Split Decision
- Program Number
702; 703; 96A; 96B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
703: Ants in Arthur's Pants: To excel in science, Mr. Ratburn's class has to prove that they have P.A.N.T.S. -- the ability to be patient, attentive, nosy, thoughtful, and systematic. And Arthur's certain he's got 'em to ace his ant project ... until the crawly creatures end up everywhere but in their ant-farm! Can Arthur's P.A.N.T.S. save his project -- and save the ants from the exterminator?
702: Francine's Split Decision: Lakewood Elementary is sure to win the big bowling tournament on Saturday, with Francine leading the team. So what if Francine's cousin is having his Bar Mitzvah at exactly that same time? The amazing Francine can be in both places -- or at least seem to be -- and no one will be the wiser. Or so she thinks...
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Ants In Arthur’s Pants; Francine’s Split Decision,” 06/19/2002, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 23, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A518780131E7424B8DD4A960F6E95A7F.
- MLA: “Arthur; Ants In Arthur’s Pants; Francine’s Split Decision.” 06/19/2002. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 23, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A518780131E7424B8DD4A960F6E95A7F>.
- APA: Arthur; Ants In Arthur’s Pants; Francine’s Split Decision. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A518780131E7424B8DD4A960F6E95A7F