Simply Ming; Spiced Panko Bread Crumbs
Simply Ming SMMG115K1, Five-Herb Crust, Uncaptioned Master, 26:46
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- Spiced Panko Bread Crumbs
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
Guest Chef: Rene Michelena
Ming combines the ubiquitous Japanese panko bread crumbs with thyme, basil, ginger, black pepper and chile powder to create the master recipe for Spiced Panko Bread Crumbs. Visiting Kotobukiya, a local Japanese market in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Ming shows viewers where to find Panko and how to select the best herbs. Back in the studio, Ming uses these bread crumbs to spice up a few classic comfort foods including Asian Meatloaf, Panko-Crusted Chicken Sandwich, and Panko-Crusted Soft Shell Crab with Dim Sum Dipper. Then, using Spiced Panko Bread Crumbs guest Chef Rene Michelena creates Pork Katsu with a Curried Stir-Fry.
Recipes Spiced Panko Bread Crumbs Panko-Crusted Soft-Shell Crab with Dim Sum Dipper Rene Michelena's Pork Katsu with Curried Stir-Fry Panko-Crusted Chicken Sandwich Asian Meatloaf
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; Spiced Panko Bread Crumbs,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 23, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A4DF75B310714FA2B7233E1B878EB76D.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; Spiced Panko Bread Crumbs.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 23, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A4DF75B310714FA2B7233E1B878EB76D>.
- APA: Simply Ming; Spiced Panko Bread Crumbs. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A4DF75B310714FA2B7233E1B878EB76D