Ten O'Clock News; Murphy and abortion issue
Evelyn Murphy addresses women political activists on abortion rights at a celebration of the 17th anniversary of Roe v. Wade. She pledges to uphold pro-choice stand. National Organization of Women (NOW) goes after Frank Bellotti for only recently switching to pro-choice position for political reasons. Interview with Murphy, and footage of Murphy at a campaign rally. B-roll follows of speakers and audience members at the anniversary celebration, and abortion rights picket line in front of Domino's Pizza in Cambridge.
- Ten O'Clock News
Murphy and abortion issue
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Speeches, addresses, etc.
- Political campaigns
- Women political activists
- Murphy, Evelyn F.
- Cambridge (Mass.)
- News Report
- George, Christy (Reporter)
- Murphy, Evelyn F. (Interviewee)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Murphy and abortion issue,” 01/22/1990, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 26, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A4C06EE1D2B94A3996D99ED804A42E86.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Murphy and abortion issue.” 01/22/1990. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 26, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A4C06EE1D2B94A3996D99ED804A42E86>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Murphy and abortion issue. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A4C06EE1D2B94A3996D99ED804A42E86