Arthur; Never, Never, Never; Room to Ride
Cookie Jar 146A and 146B Broadcast Master
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Never, Never, Never; Room to Ride
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
See indiividual titles for additional assets.
1201: 10/6/2008: Cookie Jar: 146A "Never, Never, Never" Since Grandma Thora gives D.W. so many gifts, it must mean she really loves her, right? When D.W's extra toys fall into the hands of the destructive Tibble twins, she worries that no one loves her anymore - until Arthur comes to the rescue and proves that giving gifts isn't the only way of showing you care.
1202: 10/13/2008: Cookie Jar 146B
"Room to Ride" Lance Armstrong makes a special trip to Elwood City in this episode about bicycling and good citizenship. Wanting more room to ride, Binky and his friends take to the streets to convince residents to vote for new bike safety lanes. When all hope seems lost, Lance gives Binky support and encouragement never to give up his cause.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Never, Never, Never; Room to Ride,” 08/15/2008, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 22, 2019, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A48A04D82301461594495945EF834D47.
- MLA: “Arthur; Never, Never, Never; Room to Ride.” 08/15/2008. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 22, 2019. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A48A04D82301461594495945EF834D47>.
- APA: Arthur; Never, Never, Never; Room to Ride. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A48A04D82301461594495945EF834D47