America’s Ballroom Challenge; America’s Ballroom Challenge 2006
WGBH Copy, Hour One, America’s Ballroom Challenge, AMBL 101K1, CC, Stereo, 56:46, Moreno / Lyons Productions
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- America’s Ballroom Challenge
- America’s Ballroom Challenge 2006
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered in 2006
Over the course of five weeks, top ballroom dancers compete at the world's largest ballroom dancing competition, in Columbus, Ohio. the series takes viewers onto the dance floor and behind the scenes as 24 couples compete for the ultimate dance title. Series release date: 2006
- Program Description
Broadcast Feb. 2, 8, 2006: On Nov. 19, 2005, 24 professional ballroom dance couples took center stage at the Ohio Star Ball in Columbus, the largest ballroom dancing competition in the world. Television cameras were there to capture it all as world-class pairs did the waltz, cha-cha, samba, and tango.
Hosted by actress Marilu Henner and former dance champion Tony Meredith, America's Ballroom Challenge goes on the dance floor and behind the scenes as ballroom dancing's elite go toe-to-toe for the title. This program is the first of its kind to feature all four of the major dance styles of competitive ballroom dancing: American rhythm, American smooth, international Latin, and international standard.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Event Coverage
- Moreno, Aida (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “America’s Ballroom Challenge; America’s Ballroom Challenge 2006,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed July 16, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A48801E9D3E247308CEAE120F63BD1FA.
- MLA: “America’s Ballroom Challenge; America’s Ballroom Challenge 2006.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. July 16, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A48801E9D3E247308CEAE120F63BD1FA>.
- APA: America’s Ballroom Challenge; America’s Ballroom Challenge 2006. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A48801E9D3E247308CEAE120F63BD1FA