Arthur; Follow the Bouncing Ball; Buster Baxter and the Letter from the Sea
WGBH Master Follow the Bouncing Ball, 166A Buster Baxter and the Letter from the Sea, 166B
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Follow the Bouncing Ball; Buster Baxter and the Letter from the Sea
- Program Number
1406; 166A; 166B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
Follow the Bouncing Ball, 166A Alberto Molina’s beloved soccer ball, signed by his favorite Ecuadorian soccer star, El Boomerang, is lost! Is it the same soccer ball bouncing all over town, eluding potential captors?! This kicks off the first of 10 stories which follow the incredible journey of “El Boomerang” around the world! Come, follow the bouncing ball!
Educational Objective: Francine learns the importance of the word “sorry” when she realizes she could have stopped a chain of events from occurring if she would have taken a moment to apologize to George.
Buster Baxter and the Letter from the Sea, 166B While on vacation with the Read family, Buster discovers a message in a bottle on the shore. Could it be an urgent message from the people of the Lost City of Atlantis? Buster is determined to find out and sends them a message back…by throwing his own bottles in the ocean! Will he learn that keeping the beach and waters clean is the real message?
Educational Objective: Buster learns about the effect his seemingly harmless actions will have on the environment.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Follow the Bouncing Ball; Buster Baxter and the Letter from the Sea,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 24, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A44F10389CC54D7C97986457E16A66D4.
- MLA: “Arthur; Follow the Bouncing Ball; Buster Baxter and the Letter from the Sea.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 24, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A44F10389CC54D7C97986457E16A66D4>.
- APA: Arthur; Follow the Bouncing Ball; Buster Baxter and the Letter from the Sea. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A44F10389CC54D7C97986457E16A66D4