Simply Ming; Chinese Garlic Chive and Greek Yogurt
uncaptioned Base Revision 001 16x9 anamorphic
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- Chinese Garlic Chive and Greek Yogurt
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
805: Garlic Chive & Greek Yogurt Guest Chef: Joanne Chang Saturday November 6 Greek yogurt—it is everyone’s go-to snack food. It’s delicious and creamy plain, but it’s also a natural vehicle for great flavors. On today’s SIMPLY MING, Ming will take it and combine it with one of his favorite flavors- Chinese garlic chives, a source of mild garlic flavor to create two great starters, a Blackened Garlic Chive Dip with Whole Wheat Pita Chips, and a Tempura Garlic-Chive Shrimp with Yogurt-Couscous Parfait. For an easy and delicious entrée, Ming’s Black Peppered Salmon with Cooling Garlic Chive-Cucumber Sauce is a quick and tasty answer to dinner. Then Ming will be visited by pastry chef and restaurateur Joanne Chang who will work garlic chives and Greek yogurt into her own tasty treat, Chinese Shortrib Tacos with Garlic Chive Salsa and Garlicky Yogurt.
Recipes Blackened Garlic Chive Dip with Whole Wheat Pita Chips Black Peppered Salmon with Cooling Garlic Chive-Cucumber Sauce Tempura Garlic Chive Shrimp with Yogurt-Couscous Parfait Joanne Chang's Chinese shortrib tacos with garlic chive salsa and garlicky yogurt
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; Chinese Garlic Chive and Greek Yogurt,” 09/09/2010, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed March 22, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A4301A12FA7B41C9BCF868C40DF1A5D0.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; Chinese Garlic Chive and Greek Yogurt.” 09/09/2010. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. March 22, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A4301A12FA7B41C9BCF868C40DF1A5D0>.
- APA: Simply Ming; Chinese Garlic Chive and Greek Yogurt. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A4301A12FA7B41C9BCF868C40DF1A5D0