Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Dolores Huerta
Caption Master 3/24/11 Company: WGBH Boston Media Title: Maria Hinojosa: One on One Episode: Dolores Huerta 167 / MHOO509 TRT: 26:25 Op: TC: SD 29.97 DF VTR: Closed Captioned
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One
- Dolores Huerta
- Program Number
- Series Description
Series Premiere May 1, 2007 The series ran for 5 seasons and ended in 2012.
La Plaza, the Latino Production Unit of WGBH Boston, presents the new series Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One, a provocative in-depth talk show featuring America's foremost Latino thinkers, artists, writers, and opinion leaders. Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One will premiere on WGBH and air on public television stations across the United States. A separate version of the episodes, in which the interview is conducted in Spanish, will run on V-me, a Spanish language digital public television service.
Hinojosa is an award-winning journalist and author, and the managing editor and host of public radio's Latino USA. A seasoned journalist with more than 25 years of experience, Hinojosa is also the senior correspondent for the Emmy Award-winning PBS newsmagazine NOW with David Brancaccio.
The executive producer of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One is Joseph Tovares. Patricia Alvarado Núñez is the producer.
Conversaciones con Maria Hinojosa is the Spanish-language version of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One. It features interviews with prominent Latino artists, writers, activists and civic leaders. The first season aired on V-me, the Spanish-language digital PBS channel. Series release date: 5/1/2007
- Program Description
Legendary activist Dolores Huerta co-founded the United Farm Workers of America with César Chávez. She organized the grape boycotts of the 1960s and ‘70s. A committed feminist at age 80, she spent two years traveling the country, urging Latinas to run for office. She has received nine honorary doctorates, been arrested twenty times, and raised eleven children. She tells María Hinojosa what has driven her unwavering activism for the past forty years.
NOTE: The 5XX program number refers to the APT number for Maria Hinojosa series. The 33XX program number refers to the WGBH number for the Maria Hinojosa series as a continuation of La Plaza.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Talk Show
- Tovares, Joseph (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Dolores Huerta,” 03/24/2011, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 24, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A3AAB272C9704C23858C58A8C5455BCF.
- MLA: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Dolores Huerta.” 03/24/2011. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 24, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A3AAB272C9704C23858C58A8C5455BCF>.
- APA: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Dolores Huerta. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A3AAB272C9704C23858C58A8C5455BCF