Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; How to break the Ice and Also Waddle On It
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman
- How to break the Ice and Also Waddle On It
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered May 29, 2006
Part game show, part reality TV, and part spoof, FETCH! features real kids, real challenges, real science, and an unreal host named Ruff Ruffman (yes, he's an animated dog!) Featuring 20 half-hour episodes, FETCH! mixes live-action with animation and breaks the mold with its educational and comical take on America's newest television genre. Targeting six- to ten-year olds, it is spontaneous, unscripted, and full of twists.
FETCH! explores the untapped potential of the hugely popular reality television genre and proves that it can be a great venue for kids to have fun while learning problem-solving skills and teamwork. The series also offers viewers an important perspective on competition by letting them know that the value of an experience isn't just determined by winning or losing, but by what happens along the way. Funded in large part by the National Science Foundation, the series focuses on real world science, featuring kids as they pursue questions, conduct experiments, and actively investigate the world around them. Series release date: 5/29/2006
- Program Description
Ruff is getting ready to attend the annual convention for ARGSHAABPO, the Animal Reality Game Show Host and Aquatic Bird Performer Organization. Unfortunately, the convention will be attended by penguins, and Ruff just can't seem to relate to them. So he sends Isaac to the New England Aquarium to meet up with some penguins to get some pointers; and he sends Brian, Bethany, and Liza to learn the art of improvisation.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Taylor, Kate (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; How to break the Ice and Also Waddle On It,” 07/07/2009, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 11, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A35D3263F7EB433683B4119618D9B65B.
- MLA: “Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; How to break the Ice and Also Waddle On It.” 07/07/2009. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 11, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A35D3263F7EB433683B4119618D9B65B>.
- APA: Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; How to break the Ice and Also Waddle On It. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A35D3263F7EB433683B4119618D9B65B