Arthur; Attack of the Turbo Tibbles; D.W. Tricks the Tooth Fairy
WGBH EE Master
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Attack of the Turbo Tibbles; D.W. Tricks the Tooth Fairy
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
Attack of the Turbo Tibbles: If you think the Tibbles are bad now, imagine what they'd be like if they had super powers! After sneaking a peak at the forbidden "Terrific Turbo-Trooper Toy T-Bot Team" TV show, the Tibbles are out of control. And when the play gets rough, somebody could get hurt!
D.W. Tricks the Tooth Fairy: D.W. needs money, quick. After all, every girl wants to have her own Fluffy Unicorn Clothes-Horse and Horse-Clothes Barn. When she tries to pull a fast one on the Tooth Fairy, will Arthur have to pay?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Attack of the Turbo Tibbles; D.W. Tricks the Tooth Fairy,” 05/17/1998, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 17, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A3481528B8A347DD98A68088E435EDA8.
- MLA: “Arthur; Attack of the Turbo Tibbles; D.W. Tricks the Tooth Fairy.” 05/17/1998. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 17, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A3481528B8A347DD98A68088E435EDA8>.
- APA: Arthur; Attack of the Turbo Tibbles; D.W. Tricks the Tooth Fairy. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A3481528B8A347DD98A68088E435EDA8