Martha Speaks; TD’s Magic; Scaredy Cat
MSPE 308 PBS
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Martha Speaks
- TD’s Magic; Scaredy Cat
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered September 1, 2008
"Martha Speaks" is an animated series that is designed to enrich the vocabulary of 4- to 7-year-olds. The series is based on the classic books by Susan Meddaugh that have charmed and captivated millions of children. Each episode uses Martha's unique linguistic abilities and the hilarious consequences to engage kids and help build their vocabulary skills.
In each Martha Speaks episode, the characters use special words throughout the show. Explicit words, marked with (E), are defined by one of the characters on the show. Implicit words, marked with (I), are used on the show but not defined.
Produced with Studio B Productions, Inc. Series release date: 9/1/2008
- Program Description
TD’s Magic Ken Scarborough TD has found the best birthday gift of all time for his cousin CD: He’s going to put on a magic show at his party. He wants to really “wow” the crowd, so the bigger the trick, the better. But what happens when his magic gets out of control? Vocabulary (E) feat, rational(ly), vanish, illusion, dubious (I) disappear, magic, appear, explanation, powers
Scaredy Cat Bruce Akiyama To escape a storm, the kids and dogs retreat into the Boxwood’s house. TD, Alice, and Helen decide to tell spooky stories to pass the time. But as spooky things start happening in the house, they wonder if their stories might be a little too real. Vocabulary (E) silhouette, unexpected, nightmare, phantom, ominous (I) scare(d)(y), dark(ness), windy, rainy, night(time)
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Sullivan, Brigid (Series Producer)
- Barss, Karen (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Martha Speaks; TD’s Magic; Scaredy Cat,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed March 23, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A32CB1D2C9074735B82677F701B628E9.
- MLA: “Martha Speaks; TD’s Magic; Scaredy Cat.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. March 23, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A32CB1D2C9074735B82677F701B628E9>.
- APA: Martha Speaks; TD’s Magic; Scaredy Cat. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A32CB1D2C9074735B82677F701B628E9